FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Bottle Garland

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Bottle Garland


A couple of months ago,  I saw three little bottles wrapped in wire to make a garland on Antique Farm House. Sorry I don't have a picture of the original one, but I liked it and wanted to recreate one for my deck. I think it was around $15.
Eclectic Red Barn: Bottle Garland


I used three small bottles and twisted wire to make mine. I hung it from a shelf on my deck. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Bottle garland on deck
It was easy to make. You can use any type of bottle, but something with a rim at the top works best to hold the wire when you wrap it.

I found these bottles at a yard sale for a quarter each. These are rather small bottles, about the size of salt and pepper shakers. If you plan to use larger bottles, you will need to use heavier wire to hold them. 

I made some twisted wire. If you missed the twisted wire post, you can learn how to make your own twisted wire here.

I used 4 strands of thin wire and then twisted it. It is hard to see in the pictures since I didn't do a closeup of the wire, but you can see more at the twisted wire post.
Eclectic Red Barn: A three bottle garland on twisted wire
The bottles seem light until you add water, then they are heavier. Keep this in mind when choosing your bottles.
Eclectic Red Barn: Bottle garland with Plumbago
Once I had the wire twisted, I spaced the bottles on the wire and wrapped the wire around them. They needed something else. I had this wire basket thingy ??, not sure what it was, but it had metal leaves on it. I removed them and put one on each bottle. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Bottle garland with Plumbago and metal leaves
Small flowers work well since there is not a lot of room. Here I put plumbago. I also tried bougainvillea in one and although I liked it, I decided to use the plumbago for now.
Eclectic Red Barn: Bottle garland with bougainvillea and metal leaves
What ever you have in season would work. 

This was a fun and easy project and the cost was minimal. Since I had the wire, my only cost was the bottles at 75 cents. The wire basket thingy with the metal leaves was 25 cents. So for about a $1, I had a great bottle garland.
Eclectic Red Barn: Three Bottle garland with metal leaves
Hope you enjoyed this bottle garland tutorial and if you make one, let me know how it turns out.

The post Bottle Garland first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
 Inspire Me MondayThe Chicken ChickThe Kim Six FixCupcakes and CrinolineTreasure Box Tuesday Nov.House on the WayWhat did you makeGreat IdeasInspire Me Wednesday Link PartyIvy and ElephantsThursday Favorite Things ButtonCreativity Unleashed link party!Rooted In ThymeThrifty Thursday SquareTGC-DIY Inspired Sidebar GraphicInspire-Me-Monday4_thumb.jpgThe Kim Six Fix Grab button for GREEN wILLOW POND Traffic Jam Weekend Linky Party at Being A Wordsmith

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...