FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Frozen Butter Makes Light and Fluffy Scones

Monday, December 14, 2015

Frozen Butter Makes Light and Fluffy Scones

Frozen Butter Makes Light and Fluffy Scones


I love making and eating scones, although I try not to do it too often. I do have a lighter version of scones that you can find here. These are not the lighter version but are made with fresh cranberries and orange juice.

Eclectic Red Barn: Fresh Cranberry Scones with Orange Juice


Scones are just one of those treats that is so versatile. You can add just about any fruit, nut, or flavoring. However, not all scones are made equal. Some can be dry. Usually this is a result of over mixing. I like to add frozen butter to my scones. In fact I add frozen butter to muffins and biscuits.

Eclectic Red Barn: Cranberry Scones with Orange Juice

I keep some butter in the freezer and then shave it to add to the scones. This will make the scones nice and light, but don't over mix. 

Eclectic Red Barn: Add frozen butter to scones to make them light and fluffy The next time you make scones or biscuits, try adding some shaved frozen butter.

I didn't add a recipe for these scones since there are so many out there or you can try my skinny version. I did cut the cranberries in half before adding to the batter.


Linking to these parties:
Our Three PeasIvy and ElephantsFluster Buster








2 comments :

  1. I love love love scones and these look delicious and festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suchot,
      I know you love scones too and I have made some of yours. This one is my favorite at the holidays.
      Hugs,
      Bev
      P.S. Did you try to leave a comment on my Cash for Christmas post? Someone said it would not allow them to comment. I can't see it on my side.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...