FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Easy Basil Balsamic Dressing

Monday, April 18, 2016

Easy Basil Balsamic Dressing

Do you love salads? Salads are my favorite meal. I could eat salad everyday. 

Do you have a favorite salad? I don't think I have a favorite, but most of mine usually involves some kind of chicken.

Don't you just love all of the healthy things you can put on your salad and they are so good for you. And then there is the dressing.

I made salads the other night with some great ingredients:

grilled chicken, kale, lettuce, almonds, dried cranberries, feta cheese, shredded carrots, and broccoli.
Eclectic Red Barn: Chicken Salad with Basil Balsamic Dressing

What a great meal this salad made.

Sometimes you do have to watch what you put on your salad, since you don't want to add a lot of extra calories. 

Usually, the extra calories comes in the dressing - you know those creamy yummy ones.

I had some fresh Basil so I made a Basil Balsamic Dressing to go with our salads.  Creamy but no milk or cream in this one and little sugar.

Eclectic Red Barn: Basil Balsamic Dressing The lemon juice gave it some tang while the Basil gave it a great flavor. I like to use really good Balsamic vinegar. I use it a lot in so many dishes so it is worth the price for me.

Eclectic Red Barn: Chicken Salad with Basil Balsamic Dressing
The salad would have been good with just about any dressing, but I liked the richness of this homemade Basil one. I tend to make my own dressings and this dressing was so easy to make.  

Eclectic Red Barn: Kale, Broccoli Chicken Salad
So the next time you are making salads, consider this Basil Balsamic Dressing. 

If you like Basil and Balsamic, you will not be disappointed.
 
 Recipe                                                              Print

Basil Balsamic Dressing

Eclectic Red Barn: Chicken Salad with Basil Balsamic Dressing


 

 

 

Ingredients:

1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar

2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

1 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon minced garlic

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper



1/3 cup canola oil

Directions:

1. Whisk together first 8 ingredients in a small bowl; gradually add canola oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until blended.


 






Linking to these parties:

 THE SCOOP #219-Find hundreds of posts all about home and garden every week!Blog Header for MadMimiFluster BusterYour Whims WednesdayThriving on ThursdaysLinky Party LogoCreativity Unleashed link party every Thursday at 7pm ET!Grab button for TORNADOUGH ALLILove Bakes Good CakesThat-DIY-Party-link-party-buttonLife on Lakeshore Drive blog buttonmonday meetupnewOver the Moon Link Party{nifty button}

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...