FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Flooding In Southern Florida and My House

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Flooding In Southern Florida and My House

As you may know, the rain has been pounding here in Florida. I live near Ft. Lauderdale and we have had more than than with hurricane Wilma. We are not far above sea level so it doesn't take much to put water in our back yard. 

We have had plenty of the years, but never like this and the rain continues to come down. To put it in perspective, here is a picture of my barn that you have often seen.


Eclectic Red Barn: Barn before rain

The barn sits up rather high in the yard. However, this rain has filled my yard and is threatening to enter the barn. I hope not since I have so many things in there and don't know where to put them.

Here is the scene now.
Eclectic Red Barn: Barn after rain


Also, I just posted about Flowers in My Pineapple Patch. Here is the corner. Notice that the box is 2 boards high. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Pineapple patch corner with 2 boards high

Now look at my pineapple patch. The water is over all the boards. You can only see some of the tops of the pineapples.

Eclectic Red Barn: Pineapple patch under water

That is my lemon tree with its branches in the water. All of the other trees are drowning too.

It is supposed to rain for the next 3-4 days. The house seems to be OK, but it is up to the second step into the house. Add to all of this; my husband is in Italy on business. He left last Friday before the rain started. 

Keep all of us in your prayers. Thank you.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...