FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Life is a cup to be filled, not drained!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Life is a cup to be filled, not drained!

It is a lovely afternoon here in Florida. The rain ended earlier this morning and the sun is out. So I thought, why not take a few minutes and go out on the deck and enjoy some tea. Do you find that you like something hot on a "hot" day? I do, what about you?



I had made chocolate fudge cupcakes in these  pretty red cupcake holders. They have so many decorative cupcake holders these days, it is hard to decide which one to buy.


         Since the cupcake holders were red, I choose a red theme for the rest of the items.


I love this tea cup.It is Lefton China and is hand painted. Some of the gold is coming off on the handle, but that only means I use it a lot.

Instead of adding another teacup I decided to use this hand crocheted tea cup with the red trim.


I added a couple of crystal items and a tea towel with red trim and the setting was done. Now it was time to enjoy it. Hope you are having a great day! 
Take some time to enjoy some tea!
Linking up to these parties:
Lavender Garden CottageCatch a Glimpse ButtoncraftionaryThePinJunkiehttp://thet2women.com/French Country Cottage

13 comments :

  1. I too will still have my afternoon tea on a hot day. Your red and white theme is nice, the crocheted teacup sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beverly:
    How cute is that - the crochet cup and saucer! You have a darling table set and I am so glad you shared at Tea In The Garden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your red theme and your teacup is so pretty. The crocheted teacup is darling, too. Goodness, I could go for one of your yummy cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty setup! Those cupcake holders are a beautiful color of red, you matched them with your set up wonderfully :)

    I wanted to invite you to join our Meet & Greet Blog Hop! It runs Tuesday nights till the end of Saturday, come link up if you have some time :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/06/meet-greet-blog-hop-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Beverly,
    Your tea time is very lovely, and romantic! The deep red colors are dramatic, and the white frilly trims make it truly feminine. Your cupcakes sound delicious!
    That is a beautiful cup!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Beverly, that's such a cute crocheted teacup!

    What a pretty tea table you have created for yourself!

    I love your china - and the cupcake has me DROOLING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi: Just love the crocheted tea cup. So cute! Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely tea party, the cup cake looks scrumptious, the red tea cup and table settings beautiful and my favorite: the whimsical crochet tea cup :). Thank you so much for sharing your cup with us Beverly. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Biti
    http://www.pret-a-vivre.com/2013/06/ready-to-waltz-its-party-time_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to have found your blog today. I'm your newest follower. Hope you'll stop by and visit with me too.



    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful picture and thank you for visiting my blog also

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Beverly, this looks lovely - the red is gorgeous! Love the crocheted teacup - too sweet! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday Beverly.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...